Sunday, June 14, 2009

India's best chance

India bowlers especially spinners and RP Singh have done well to restrict England to a chaseable 154. It could have been worse if Jadeja didn't got that 2 wickets of Bopara and Peiterson at the right time this score could have swelled to 170. Jadega had a very good scalping 2 wickets, a catch and I have witnessed some brilliant fielding from him. He just fields like a man on some mission and his throws were like bullets aimed at the stumps. England seemed to be running away with the game when they were 70/1 @ 10 overs with both Bopara and Peiterson well set. The promotion of Maschernas didn't worked as he was just crawling for 25 from 27 balls. Unless for occasional very wide deliveries Harbhajan bowled well in the last overs.

Both Zaheer and Ishant got hammered but RP singh cleverly bowled his bouncers and contained from one end. I am off to watch the second innings. India has started well with Rohit and Gambhir ticking away the runs and it's enough to chase down 153.

3 comments:

Ann Dee said...

I thought I'll go see what you write about and comment...But Cricket is all Greek :(

I do not understand a thing except remember that I had this huge crush on Afridi in Class VII and that was the only time I watched cricket...and all Pak matches. For the fear of thrown outta the country by Cricket fans, I steer away from all things Greek....ugh..Cricket

SG said...

I went to London and saw the double-header game on June 13. It was very interesting.

I have this idea. I don't know who to approach and describe. Here it is:

In Ameican football (not soccer) each team has two sides. One set of players for offense only. Another set of players for defence only. I am just wondering why not we apply to cricket also.

Each country will have 2 teams. 11 players for batting only. They will only bat and not field. Another 11 players (10 bowlers and a wicket keeper) for fielding. These 11 will not bat.

There are 2 advantages in this. We can pitch the best batsmen against the best bowlers. Even the last down batsman is capable for hitting a century. Second, we are giving chances to more players.

Do you like this concept?

Toon Indian said...

nice blog man

 


Silly Point © 2008. Design by: Pocket